Jay's Corner

Hey All - 

Summertime is upon us!  

For the UT students, regular classes at the University are over, but if you would like to do a private lesson with me now and then over the break we can arrange it.

Everything Yields To (correct) Practice!

- Jay

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lesson

In my last lesson with jay we continued to work on the penatonic scale and using it as chords over major and minor vamps. We also went over the note C and Jay gave me some sight reading exercises with just the note C.

This lesson showed me that I don't practice enough in all 12 keys. There are afew keys that I have a lot better than others and I need work on them all.


I've been practicing the exercices on the note C for about a half hour every day. I've also been practicing then penatonic scale and using it as chords in all keys going through the cycle of fourths.

No comments: