Jay's Corner

Hey All - 

Summertime is upon us!  

For the UT students, regular classes at the University are over, but if you would like to do a private lesson with me now and then over the break we can arrange it.

Everything Yields To (correct) Practice!

- Jay

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I have been slacking

I have not posted in a long time, because i have not had time and i forgot.

I have been working on scales that only play the notes in a Maj7, min7 and a Dom7.
in my lesson we went over a song called Tangerine. Jay wants me to record the chord changes and then record
two different solo's over that useing theses scales. it is working out nice but when i play it with the band i tend to
get lost in the chart. Then when it's time for my solo i have no clue were i am and then i just play a F Maj. scale and
that just sounds poo and i don't want that.

I am also working on finding notes on the axe and poping them as well, and there are some scale subs and some
scale paterns that i am working on. I find that the scale paterns are hard for me to get down in all 5 positions but with
practice i am sure to get them down.

The master class on monday was KA.
Thanks Jay.

No comments: