Jay's Corner

Hey All - 

Summertime is upon us!  

For the UT students, regular classes at the University are over, but if you would like to do a private lesson with me now and then over the break we can arrange it.

Everything Yields To (correct) Practice!

- Jay

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Since my last lesson, I am adding the note A to the notes I have to locate on the guitar. I am also adjusting my picking style so that more motion comes from my elbow rather than any part of my right hand being anchored to the guitar.

Jay gave me reading exercises so that I can locate all the variations of c in each octave on the guitar neck without having to look at my guitar. It also helps me to practice keeping my eyes focused on the chart in front of me rather than looking down to play the note. This is necessary in order not to loose your spot in a chart.

No comments: