Jay's Corner

Hey All - 

Summertime is upon us!  

For the UT students, regular classes at the University are over, but if you would like to do a private lesson with me now and then over the break we can arrange it.

Everything Yields To (correct) Practice!

- Jay

Monday, February 11, 2008

In my last lesson jay gave me the note A to find and I continued the study of other notes. Jay showed how use penatonic substitutions to add color tones when soling. We also worked on some dexterity exercises.

The penatonic substitutions Jay showed me have been really helpful in changing up the way i use the penatonic scale. Lately I've felt that alot of my penatonic solos sounds too similar, and these substitutions are really nice for adding different sounds to my solos.

I've also been practicing penatonic patterns, and bends.

No comments: